Saturday, December 26, 2009

Telephone Cable Types Ethernet Through Residential Telephone Cable.?

Ethernet through residential telephone cable.? - telephone cable types

I was sick of wireless networks, and decided to use Ethernet to share my DSL connection at home. I do not want to run a CAT-5e cable through walls and ceilings, because it would be very difficult. I believe, bear with my home phone wiring for data exchange between two floors. My telephone cable General Cable Co. - S type 24 AWG CMR. The cable does not seem to turn and did not specify in which category it is. One pair is used for voice and two other couples, not be used. I think I can wire the ethernet pins 1,2,3,6 two unused pairs.
------------------------
Can I at least 10BASE-T cable connection (I only need an Internet connection shares)?

No comments:

Post a Comment